My Guys Moving & Storage
12 Tips for Moving
- Once your move is scheduled, review all move confirmation documents for correct dates, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Ensure parking is available at your move's origin and destination. Obtain permits, if needed, by town jurisdiction, or condo and apartment complex regulations.
- IMPORTANT: If applicable, reserve the elevator and loading dock at your move's origin and destination. Advise your Move Coordinator if there are time restrictions at either origin or destination.
- Determine if your condo or building requires a Certificate of Insurance from the moving company that you selected, preferably it's My Guys Moving & Storage.
- Arrange for the safe transport of prescription medicines, valuable papers, jewelry, coin and stamp collections in your personal vehicle.
- Be sure NOT to disconnect the electricity at your origin until the day after the move.
- Disconnect all appliances, computer and electronic equipment prior to the arrival of the movers.
- If there are items in the attic or crawlspace, you can save time by moving these items before the movers arrive. If certain items are not moving, it's best to point out these items to the driver or crew leader when he arrives.
- If you're doing your own packing, make sure all cartons are fully packed and taped shut before the mover's arrival.
- Before leaving the origin, do a walk-through to make sure everything that's moving is on the truck. Remember to check all closets and don't forget the dishwasher.
- Do a walk-through at the destination to make sure all furniture and boxes are in the right rooms.
- Arrange for your pets to be with a friend, pet sitter or groomer on the day of your move.
Hopefully these tips for moving have been helpful. Also make sure to browse our Related Articles for additional suggestions and tips.
Put Your Trust in My Guys Moving & Storage
- Free Estimates
- Home and Office Moves
- Local Moves and Long Distance Moving
- Packing and Unpacking Services
- Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Additional Valuation Coverage Available
- No Hidden Fees or Charges
- Affordable Moving Boxes and Packing Supplies
- Clean Trucks, Proper Equipment & Pads
- Respectful of HOA Guidelines
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Willingness to Make Additional Stops
My Guys Moving: Friendly, Affordable, Dependable!
If you have any questions about our packing services or supplies, our friendly customer service representatives are here to help. Use our quick free moving quote or call us at 800-783-4897 to get a fast and free packing estimate, and One of the Guys will be right with you! Thanks for contacting MY GUYS!